Monday, June 25, 2012

Junk Finished!

Well, I can say now that it is pretty much finished!  I actually finished adding the sails about a week ago, but it took me a while to post the final product.  Without further ado, my Nipponese War Junk:





All in all I am pleased with the result. The sails, being separate sections, were a pain to assemble, and I had to glue them as well as tie the string.  In order to keep the sail stable, the string had to pass around the front of the sail.  I might change that later, but for now I am glad I can call it 'complete'.  The only other thing I might add is some detailing in the stern area where the black and red paint meet.  Maybe some yellow strapping to break things up a bit. 

Hope you like it!  Now I just need to paint up my crew!

1 comment:

  1. Great build! I was searching for images of the Nippon Rocket Crew and found this. Good result by google I think :) /Hans

    ReplyDelete