Thursday, June 26, 2014

Airbrushing! With some unexpected delays...

It's been quiet on the blog front lately, mostly due to it being summertime.  One fancy addition to my hobby arsenal lately has been a new foray into airbrushing!

I recently purchased a Badger TC910 Aspire Pro compressor, and a Badger 105 Patriot airbrush to get me started.  Well, to my surprise, the adapter that came with the TC910 does not fit the Patriot air hose!  There is a separate adapter which does fit, but I cannot for the life of me remove the other adaptor from the air regulator.

Perhaps a photo will help?


The top photo shows the male end of the adapter which fits the airbrush hose.  The bottom picture shows the female end of the bespoke adaptor.  I though perhaps it would fit on the male end of the installed adapter, but it does not.  The adapter on the air regulator looks like it might even have some glue holding it in place as well.  I have tried several wrenches and ratchets to no avail.

Perhaps there are some airbrush gurus frequenting my blog who might have some advice??  I can't really show you any of my airbrush progress without getting the setup up and running!

3 comments:

  1. Badger customer service is about as good as it gets. Send them an email and they'll tell you what adapter you need. It sometimes takes a day or two but they really want to help. I have received email from the president of the company and their head engineer before, in response to my inquires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrew! I sent them an email today and will see what they say. I may also have found a solution to my problem, which I will post once I figure out if it works...

      Delete