Friday, July 20, 2012

Some worthy sea dogs!

Between working and enjoying the summer weather, I have been able to put a few more strokes of paint to lead lately!  Namely, I have been trying to finish some crew for my Nipponese Junk.

First up, we have the captain.  Haru of the Shugyosha Sueshiju (my meagre attempt at a Japanese name using an online translator).  Its an old preslotta citadel oriental hero.  Also, my first model using a gradient background (wooo!).  I got the gradients for free online, here.


The base was sculpted into a woodgrain effect with greenstuff.  At the time I had no other ideas on making a decking base, so that is what I came up with.  Not my greatest result, but functional enough.

Next up I finished two Cathayan crewmen, using wargames foundry chinese pirates.  Pretty nice models, though the hands are a little big...






I have a couple more of the chinese pirates to add, and then there are some nice old citadel samurai awaiting my loving attention.  Though my attention has been on a different project as of late.  A secret one.  Intrigued?  Well don't worry, the project is not that *big* ;)

Also, a special thanks to the Kev Adams Challenge for posting a link to my blog and highlighting some of the WK goblins I have painted!  I hope there are many more to come!

Thats all for now!

2 comments:

  1. Hey that gradient looks ace! Now we can focus on the high quality of your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I got the gradients online here: http://www.warbard.ca/files/backdrops_complete.pdf

    ReplyDelete